The Portamag series are specialized instruments for generating intense magnetizing and demagnetizing current fields for the Magnetic Particle inspection method of flaw detection in ferrous metal.
Super Pulse models provide the option of operating in the normal or our new line pulse modulated mode which have the following advantages over normal operation;
- Provides full effective magnetizing AND demagnetizing output current fields thatexceed MIL and Industrial performance requirements.
- Provides very active movement of wet or dry particles for enhanced flaw definition, especially when using coil method, which adds a physical vibration into the part.
- Reduces average input line power by 70%. Reducing energy costs and heat buildup.
- Output current may be left ON over an hour. Pulse mode is set for instruments duty cycle.
- Super Pulse Only “S” Models provide rated output current levels into extended output cable lengths.
General Features Include:
- Pulse or normal mode operation.
- Automatic Demag cycle.
- All electronic control.
- Recessed Panel meter and controls.
- Forced air cooling.
- Either End output cable connectors.
- Non-Mar chassis runners.
- Heavy duty parts and chassis.
- Powder coat gloss finish.
- No cable change for AC to DC output.
- Easy line voltage conversion on all except MP-900 models.
- Remote control.
- AC and DC meter calibration adjustments.
- International line voltage operation available.
- Digital Meter standard. Analog Meter optional.
- Patents Pending on Pulse Mode.
- 4/0 out cables with Either End connectors.
- Remote control cable assembly.
- Input line power cable plug.